Monday, June 30, 2008

So far, so good

Today is the first full day of me trying to get my weight back on track. I'm doing well for the most part, except that I am no where near being on the road to drinking my 8 glasses of water today. I'm just not water drinker, except I do always drink water with dinner. I've only managed to get down about 1 1/2 cups of water today and it is already after 2 PM. I guess I need to start forcing it down!

I hate how the motivation to loose weight is always so strong in the beginning and then as the days pass that motivation dies out. How do people keep at it, is what I want to know? I know that while I am uber motivated today that likely won't be the case by the end of the week, and I'll be angrily stuffing my face with chocolate and ice cream as I pray for the weekend to get.here.now. Le sigh.

On another note, I really am beginning to dislike Scott's employer. He was granted a raise a few weeks ago and the raise was supposed to be on his paycheck on Friday. Well, it wasn't. He's trying to get this sorted out and get his money, but this morning one of his bosses made him feel like an ass for making an issue out of this. Like he is just supposed to take it up the ass and suck up the fact that they feel like they can just not pay him for the job he has been doing. As I've mentioned before he has been running a second clinic since January, but it wasn't until the beginning of June that he became the official manger of the second clinic, while also keeping the first clinic. He has not gotten any sort of compensation for running an extra clinic for so long, so you'd think that the least they could do is make sure that he gets his raise when he is supposed to. It sucks when I planned our bills based on having that extra money coming in on Friday and now that we don't have it I don't have enough money to pay the current round of bills. Least to say, I am stressed today and I am hoping for a good outcome, meaning that these people give Scott his money ASAP!

It is days like these that I would normally be comfort eating, so hopefully I will be able to stay strong today and not give into the cravings for a big bowl of Doritos!

Peace out.

4 comments:

Elissa J. Hoole said...

Will the raise at least be...lost the word...like retroactive? Like will he get back pay for the last couple of weeks? Ugh. I'm waiting on some money as well, and I know it sucks.

Motivation goes up and down, for me. Unfortunately, summer is just difficult all around, since there are so many fun events always going on. With food, of course!

Hang in there!

The Finn Family said...

We have no idea if it is going to be retroactive or not. He can't get any straight answers from anyone. It is very frustrating and upsetting the way he is being treated right now. Plus, St. Luke's apparently miscalculated something major in the budget and not for the better, so now there is going to be even more layoffs than originally thought. We aren't worried about Scott's job, but it is extremely hard for him to have to lay his staff off, as well as all of the negativity with the remaining staff that comes with it.

Elissa J. Hoole said...

(((Scott)))
(((AMother'sSoulFamily)))

Whatcha doin' tomorrow? (wed)

The Finn Family said...

Not much. We will be around all day, although I am going to attempt to fix my stroller so I can take the boys for a walk this morning. :-)

About Me

My photo
More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.