There is nothing better than a warm, breezy summer day spent with family and friends. We had a day such as that yesterday. My kick ass friend Elissa came over with her boys for visit filled with kids swimming, running, laughing, playing, and eating potato chips off of the lawn. (What were we going to do? A whole bag was dumped by one of the toddlers! We couldn't let a whole bag of chips go to waste!) While the kids played we were able to chat over a cool drink. Although, E and I both realized that with all of the blogging and emailing to each other that we do, we did not actually have a lot to talk about! Somehow we managed to keep the conversation going though and we even talked about more than just the kids.
We also had ourselves scared out of minds by a fuzzy creature running through my yard. As we chatted away I looked down to see this furry thing running at me and the first thing to go through my mind, was, "Ack! A mouse!" I screamed and lifted my feet up in such a way that it caused my whole body to jump from my chair, which in turn caused me to spill coffee all over my pants. Elissa yelped too and nearly dropped her child when she too quickly tried to move her feet out of the way. After our very dramatic reactions it his us.......we had just freaked over a cute baby bunny. Poor bunny, we probably nearly gave the sweet thing a heart attack with all of our yipping and yelping, and jerky movements.
This morning I am hoping for another relaxing day. I'm sitting here drinking coffee and lounging in my favorite pj pants (which are from Motherhood Maternity, BTW........I have no shame), so the relaxing has already begun.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Finn Family
- More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(93)
-
▼
June
(26)
- So far, so good
- I'm a fat chick.
- Anniversary celebration
- Nine years!
- I swear that this crap only happens to me.
- And I thought I was addicted to caffeine!
- I just want to cry
- Old Friends
- In the woods
- struggles with breastfeeding
- P.S.
- 2nd migraine this week and other stuff
- So....I'm behind
- Secret #4
- Secret #3
- Red Mug Show
- Secret #2
- 30 Secrets in 30 Days
- I'm so jealous of my husband's thing
- Pictures!
- The lazy days of summer
- Living life with faith
- Wow, third blog for today!
- Cha,cha,cha,cha, changing.........
- New family picture
- Yeah, so I haven't posted in awhile. Everyday I'm...
-
▼
June
(26)
1 comment:
While ecstatic that I'm referred to as your "kick ass friend," I am a little concerned that your readers may think less of me as you imply I was basically throwing my child to the rats to save myself. It is even more unfortunate that I do not have an alternate interpretation to share with them!
Post a Comment