Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cha,cha,cha,cha, changing.........

As you can see I have made a few changes to my blog. I was all bothered with my prior format as I could not fit pictures in well, so now you will be able to enjoy my photos in all of their glory! ;-) I also changed the title of my blog just for the heck of it.

It is a rainy day evening here in Superior, WI. On this wet night I am feeling very content. My show canvases are finally ordered and should be here in time for our hanging next Thursday. I have groceries bought for the next week, my house is mostly clean (ignore the 15 loads of laundry in my bedroom that I need to fold.....), and I am looking forward to the girls being on summer break, which starts at the end of next week. I am also looking forward to my good friend Elissa, who is a teacher, being on summer break, as I am hoping that she'll hang out with me over the summer! ;-P

In a few short weeks Scott and I will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary, and a total of 13 years together. It is hard to believe that the night we met at my parent's house on June 17th, 1995, was over a decade ago. So much has happened in that 13 years and now here we are, two adults who are still very much in love and raising our four children together. I never imagined that I would be a mom with four kids, especially not one who stays home rather than living the life of a successful career woman. That is okay though, because I am happy and I have a good life. I have been very blessed, even though things have not always been easy.

Scott and I are planning to renew our vows in a beach ceremony next summer for our 10 year anniversary as a way to remind ourselves of why we got together in the first place. Plus, it will be really fun to throw a big party to celebrate our years together!

1 comment:

Elissa J. Hoole said...

Eek! I thought I got lost when I wandered in here, and everything looked so...different! I like it, though. It's really funny, 'cause I almost changed my template this evening as well, but decided against it at the last moment. Well, maybe not the LAST moment, but you know.

Of course I will spend time with you this summer! :-) That's the main way I'm hoping to keep my sanity!

Also? It's weird that we are the exact same age, and David and I also met almost 13 years ago, in 1995. We're only on year seven of marriage, but still.

Love ya!

About Me

My photo
More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.