I'm such a good, sweet wife, let me tell you. I bought Scott an iPod-nano for his birthday, which is in two days. Since he has been having a horrible, awful, shit filled week I opted to give him his birthday gift two days early to help cheer him up. (A little secret about us.......we are incapable of having presents in the house for each other and not giving them to each other early. I mean, I do a little better at this than Scott. I did hide his Christmas gifts last year for a little over two weeks. When the iPod arrived via Fed-Ex today I vowed to myself that I was going to put it away until Saturday morning. I am so very, very weak.)
Anywho, so Scott has an iPod now. What is hilarious about this is that, well, a couple of things. Number one: Scott is very technologically challenged. Like, if Albert Einstein were to suddenly appear in our time and someone handed him a laptop and told him to send an email, his reaction would pretty much be the same as me telling Scott to send an email. OK, I might be exaggerating a tad there, but you get my drift. Number two: I was pretty sure prior to ordering the iPod that Scott did not actually know what an iPod was. This was confirmed when he opened the iPod today. A look of unmistakable confusion came over his face and then he said, "Uh, what's an iPod?" Once I explained that it is like a walkman without the tapes or CD's and it can hold up to 2000 songs he was quite excited. I helped him upload his music to this crazy little "thing" as he has since referred to it as and now I am pretty sure that he loves his "thing" more than me. ("Thing" sounds bad, doesn't it? No matter, he loves his other "thing" a lot too.)
Now about the jealous thing. I am sitting here typing listening to "You're My Woman" by Van Morrison on Scott's iPod while he showers. Van Morrison being my favorite musical artist of all time, yo. "You're My Woman" being one of my top five songs of all time. (See all of the cool things you are learning about me in this post?) Holy crap, do I ever love this song. So much so that I am actually listening to it for the third time in a row and I am pretty sure that I am going to listen to it at least two more times before Scott comes and confiscates his thing from me. (The iPod thing, not the other thing. Although he'll probably try to get me to play with his other thing too. And then I'll shoot him down and he will mope like he does most other nights. I have my period right now though, so at least I have a solid excuse to avoid the whole intercourse discussion this evening. Whew.)
Anyway, so yeah. I am jealous of the iPod. I'm going to need to start hinting to my mom that I would like an iPod for Christmas. She always buys me one really nice gift for Christmas, which is a huge perk. Problem is that I am pretty sure she has no idea what an iPod is either. I wonder if it would be too forward to post random pics of iPods on her fridge?
Oh, and if you have never hear "You're My Woman" here is the lyrics. Get some tissues before you read it because it is a tear jerker. At least for overly emotional mother types like me.
You're my woman
And you're my woman
You bore my child, Lord
You bore my child, Lord
I want to thank you
I want to thank you
And no one else will do
And no one else will do
And no one else will do
Baby, you, you are my sunshine
I am your guiding light
To like a ship out in the night
Returning for a light
I love you
I really love you
My heart is for you
My heart is for you
I long to feel you
I long to feel you
And every time I do
And every time I do
And every time I do
Baby, it's you, you are my sunshine
I am your guiding light
Just like a ship out in the night
Returning for a light, oh yeah
And it's really real
The way I feel
It's really real
Lord have mercy
Look into my eyes
Look into my eyes
And you realize
And you realize
Is really, really, really real
In Kingston town now
In Kingston town now
Walked up and down now
Looked at the ground now
You went in labor
You went in labor
And all our friends came through
And all our friends came through
And all out friends came through
Baby, it's you, you are my sunshine
I am your guiding light
Just like a ship out in the night
Returning for a light, oo-we
And it's really real
The way I feel
It's really real
Look into my eyes
Look into my eyes
And you realize
And you realize
It's really, really, really real, oh yeah
And you're my woman
And you're my woman
And you're my woman
And you're my woman.....
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Finn Family
- More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(93)
-
▼
June
(26)
- So far, so good
- I'm a fat chick.
- Anniversary celebration
- Nine years!
- I swear that this crap only happens to me.
- And I thought I was addicted to caffeine!
- I just want to cry
- Old Friends
- In the woods
- struggles with breastfeeding
- P.S.
- 2nd migraine this week and other stuff
- So....I'm behind
- Secret #4
- Secret #3
- Red Mug Show
- Secret #2
- 30 Secrets in 30 Days
- I'm so jealous of my husband's thing
- Pictures!
- The lazy days of summer
- Living life with faith
- Wow, third blog for today!
- Cha,cha,cha,cha, changing.........
- New family picture
- Yeah, so I haven't posted in awhile. Everyday I'm...
-
▼
June
(26)
2 comments:
I am so jealous of Scott's thing, too!
(Meh...so what about a little blood? It's the man's birthday! Put down a towel and some more Van Morrison in the thing!:))
You need to buy yourself your own "thing"!
Post a Comment