Thursday, March 6, 2008

Shana gettin' her groove back

The last six months of 2007 I was completely and utterly immersed in photography. I spent every moment possible taking pictures, processing pictures, thinking about pictures, learning how to better take pictures. You get the picture. Right? Sometime around Christmas I lost my photo mojo, at least it felt like it to me. I was all, "blah, my works sucks, blah, I suck, blah, blah". I then went days, sometimes weeks, without so much as looking at my camera. People on Flickr where I am normally a daily poster were emailing me to make sure I was still alive. I was seriously worried that I was never going to find my need to be creative again and I wondered what would that mean for me? I figured that I could go ahead and write my thesis finally, but of course what fun would that have been?

Finally, FINALLY my groove is back. I am damned happy too. I am going to be working with Sweet Water Photo Studios this summer as a photography assistant at some local weddings and I am also going to be designing the cover for the summer issue of MotherVerse. I have some other things in the works too, but I'll save those things for later. Point is, is that I am feeling like a photographer again and it feels fucking fabulous.

sub zero lomo style:
sub zero

mama's little man:
mama's little man

Good Thursday night folks!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.