Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's the little things

Right in this moment I am happy. Not for any major reason, it has simply been a day of little pleasures.

Regan made an amazing book about Mount Rushmore this morning. She is such a wonderful artist and a creative story teller to boot.

As I helped Gwen get dressed today she told me that I am the nicest, bestest mama ever.

I served salmon and crab cakes (aka crabby patties to the kids) for lunch and it was enjoyed by all.

While Scott took a post meal nap I cleaned up the kitchen and then did some foruming and emailing while Coen also napped, and the other kids played without fighting.

After Scott's nap and shower we locked the kids out of the bedroom and spent some "quality" time together.

I then was left alone in our cozy room to watch a movie and take a nap myself.

I was awoken by a giggling Coen who acted like I had just given him the best gift ever when I asked him if he wanted to nurse.

As I type Braden and I are hanging out in my bed having a snack and watching Animal Planet. We are sharing Brie and crackers He is drinking chocolate milk and I am drinking a daiquiri that Scott made and delivered to me a few moments ago.

Scott is in the kitchen making pasta for dinner, which I will be eating in bed.

We have the window open in my bedroom, the first day we have done so since last fall. The fresh air and sunshine is divine.

It is a good day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.