Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's a Pajama Day

Call me crazy, but I would take the flu any day over a head cold. With the flu I am guaranteed to feel like a fly covered pile of cow dung for a few days, but I can also be assured to only feel that badly for a few days and then once it is done, it is done. With a head cold it starts out with a little scratch of the throat or a bit of a stuffy feeling of the head. The cold teases you and leaves you wondering, "Just how bad is this going to get? And am I ever going to be able to breathe through my nose again"? By the way, I'd rather deal with the awful aches of the flu than not be able to breathe through my nose for days on end. Of course, I'd rather have a pap smear than have to go to the dentist, so maybe there is something seriously wrong with my brain. Who knows.

So yeah, I have a cold. I am a big, huge baby when I have a head cold and thankfully my husband knows this, and does not hate me for it. It came on yesterday afternoon and by bedtime last night my nose was so plugged that I wanted to cry knowing that I wasn't going to be able to sleep once I got into bed. Of course, I did sleep some and then my wonderful husband went into work late today so I could sleep in and not have to worry about taking the girls to school.

I did eventually take a shower in hopes that it would clear my head, but I had no such luck. After getting out of the shower I took one look at the clothes that I had laid out for myself and said, "screw it!" Then I marched myself to the basket clean clothes in the living room couch and pulled out some pajamas. I am now sporting some grey, bleach stained pj pants and a Duluth Photographer's Guild t-shirt. I am not blow drying my hair today, but I might put on some chap-stick if I can find a tube that Coen has not eaten. Beyond that I am just going to let my couch and blanket keep me cozy for the day, and I am going to hope that the boys do not hurt themselves while I take a bit of a break from my life. ;-) (Winkypoo here because of course I'll care for my boys, I'm just going to let the brain damage box be their babysitter today.)

1 comment:

Amber E. Berkoski said...

We're sick around here too, but with the flu. Our little girl heaved all in her bed late last night and then woke up ready to run around this morning. My husband and I wearily looked at each other and then fought with her to only eat toast for breakfast. It's tough when anyone is down with any sort of sickness, so get better soon!

MMBF
P.S. Points to you, because I'm so tired, it took me a full minute (and re-reading the last sentence three times, for me to understand what on earth you meant, before I figured out you meant the TV!)

About Me

My photo
More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.