In the last few days I have had all of these things popping into my head that I tell myself I should write about in my blog. However, I am having some really messed up problems with my memory lately and I have been forgetting repeatedly what I want to write about. This morning I made a list as I had random thoughts go through my head and decided that I am going to do one big blog-o-randomness to get this stuff off of my chest.
Yeah, so my memory is going. It is freaking me out. I cannot remember anything lately. Heck, I can't even remember what I am not remembering to give you some examples. I go through the day thinking of things and then not remembering what I was just thinking of moments before. Or else I'll try to say something to someone and the second I open my mouth the thought gets all jumbled in my head and I cannot verbalize it. I've had brain fog for a couple of years, but this is something different. Oh, I just thought of an example. Yesterday I pulled my keys out of my pocket and I had to stare at them for a few moments to remember what I was supposed to do with them. I mean, I am not even sure if it is safe for me to be driving anymore. Along with the memory issues my joint and muscle pain has gotten so much worse since last fall. I am seeing a rheumatologist today for the first time. Hopefully it will go well.
Moving on, have I mentioned that I loath looking for things? I honestly believe that I spend 3/4ths of my life looking for crap. Now, my mush ball of a brain is not helping the situation to be sure. The bigger problem however are the five people that I share my house with. I am starting to believe that they purposely move stuff just to get me. Like the spoons. We had twelve spoons and this morning there were only six. Where did my spoons go? Seriously!
As I was looking for one of Coen's slippers this morning (it was under the couch BTW, while it's mate was still on the counter where I put both of them yesterday) I saw him walk into the bathroom with one of my new shoes. Two seconds later I heard the all familiar sound of the toilet seat being pushed up. I ran to the bathroom just as Coen was about to toss my shoe into the toilet. (For reference, the girls had just been in there and they have a problem with not flushing the toilet, so this would not have been pretty.) I yelled to Coen, "Noooooooooooooo! Coen! Shoes do not go into the toilet!" Then he just stopped and looked at me before saying, in a very matter of fact sort of way, "Oh." He then closed the toilet and walked out of the bathroom, my shoe still in his hand. It was like he had this "Aha!" moment in which he suddenly realized something major. Like he thought shoes belonged in the toilet and now he sees the light! No shoes in the toilet! Whoa!
Finally, speaking of the toilet, Braden is still not potty trained. He is going to be four years old in 4 1/2 months. I know, I know, it is normal for some boys to not p/t until later, but that does not make it any less annoying for me. We have had many a conversation about potty training. One of the latest occured last week. As I was changing one of his stinky diapers we talked about him using the toilet instead. He declared to me, "I don't like the toilet and I don't like underwear! I like diapers!" I asked him if he was ever going to use the toilet and he said, "No! I don't like it!" Then I wondered aloud if he would still be wearing diapers when he is big like daddy and Braden gave a resounding, "Yes! I like diapers!" I then asked who would change his diapers when he is big like daddy and he said, "I'll change my own diapers!" Mmmmmkay then. What do I say to that, really? He sounds pretty sure of this and as though he has given it quite a bit of thought. Not even the attempted bribery of a new train is making this kid think twice about giving up diapers. The train, BTW, is still sitting up where he can't reach it and Braden continues to tell me that he doesn't want the train. Yet, every so often he walks into the kitchen and stares at it with admiring eyes and I know that deep down it is bothering him that he can't touch the train and line it up with the others. For the love of all that is good and holy, I hope that eventually seeing that shiny new train sitting there becomes too much for him and he will decide to give up diapers once and for all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Finn Family
- More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.
2 comments:
Brain Fog eh? I can RELATE. I've found myself going to the basement for something and just end up standing around not knowing why I'm there. I walk back upstairs, which is no small feet these days to remember what I went down for in the first place. Then I just send Ethan or Chris to get it for me lol!!
I had something to add...but...I can't remember what it was.
Oh! No...sorry.
Wait! Forget it.
Oh, yeah. (((you)))
Post a Comment