I think that I have managed to loose a bit of weight this week, but my scale is wonky, so I am not sure exactly how much. I did not exercise at all this past week though. :-/ I could come up with all sorts of excuses as to why I didn't, but I won't bother because despite any roadblocks I still could have found a way to get some exercise in. I guess I am just a lazy bum.
I have been joking to Scott the last few months that I want another baby. Well, not entirely joking I guess because if all of the stars aligned properly and if we were still fertile I'd probably go for another. Regardless, each time I have brought it up Scott has looked at me like I have lost my ever loving mind. Then last night out of the blue and told me that he really wishes we could have another little girl. I was quite shocked that he had been thinking about this. Another baby is not something that is in the cards for us, but it is nice to know that I'm not alone in wishing that we could have another.
Is that totally crazy that we have four children, but still desire another? In our society it definitely seems to be and we often feel like the odd ones out with our larger brood. We've lost friends over our choice to have a large family when certain friends have disapproved of our family choices and those friends further didn't want to have to deal with all of our kids. We also still have not gotten used to the very rude comments that we regularly get, often from perfect strangers, about our number of children. Having these sorts of things happen have opened my eyes so much to the different choices that other people make for themselves and their families, and it has made me wish that we could all be more accepting of each other's choices rather than pitting ourselves against those who live their lives differently.
On that note, for those of you in the U.S., Happy 4th of July! I hope you all have a fabulous day!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Finn Family
- More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(93)
-
▼
July
(14)
- For Liss
- delusional and whatnot
- Feeling like I am in the Twilight Zone
- Coen: A Budding Chef
- An afternoon adventure in pictures
- Thinking of the past
- My poor Gwennie.
- It's been awhile
- Busy, busy!
- All sorts of stuff
- This is not staying
- Hrm
- Another day with the ugliest blog in the history o...
- don't mind me
-
▼
July
(14)
2 comments:
First off, well done on a bit of weight loss! It's no small feet.
Next, you have a beautiful family. The question begs to be asked, as a society, what is it that we value? Without question, getting financially stable would be at the top of this list, and how is it possible to do that with 3 or 4 kidlets underfoot and one income? Well, it's a good thing that all of us don't value the same things.
We aren't sure wether we will have more kids or not, but we know how important a role they are in our lives, and in the lives other people. Plus, when Chris and I are gone, they can have each other. You won't be getting any rude comments from me, and all those other jokers can just MYOB!! Those that don't choose to be involved in your lives because of your kids, I think they are missing out.
I just think it's so weird that people feel like four kids is such an immense amount. Like, I've been with you and heard people say, "Whoa! That's a lot of kids!" Granted, my two have been in the mix, but there's usually another adult or two in there, then. And they are such a well-behaved lot it's not as though they're moving so fast they seem like nine or ten of them! Hello? MYOB!
Post a Comment