
No, this wasn't some tragic accident resulting from me inadvertently dropping the eggs. This was the result of me daring to spend two (2!!!!) minutes on the phone in the living room with my husband. It took Coen two minutes to open the fridge, take out the eggs (and some lemonade.....I guess he was wanting lunch?)and then break all twelve eggs in the carton. When I found him in the midst of this mess he simply looked at me and in his sweet little voice he said, "Mama!".
Let me tell you that eggs are not easy to clean up. They do not soak up into the paper towel like you think they might. You have to scoop the eggs up and then move the mess into the garbage all quick like because they drip as you move. It was actually much easier to clean up the half a bottle of shampoo that Coen squirted onto the bathroom floor later on in the day, which he did while I was in the kitchen on my hands and knees wiping up lemonade that Coen had spilled all over the floor. Wait, did I say spilled? No, it was more like shook. The lemonade on the table, floor, and wall demonstrated his refined shaking technique.
Seriously, people, I do watch this kid. He is just....I don't even know what. I do know that I am exhausted and I do believe that this child is going to be the end of me.

5 comments:
(((((((Shana)))))))
We haven't done the egg thing yet here (knock on wood), but today there was a copious amount of lotion squirted all over the bathroom rug. Why on the rug, when the rest of the floor is wood and would wipe up so much easier?
Maybe you could cook the eggs with a hair dryer and then pick them up. (I'm kidding, but not totally.)
It's nice, though, when things like this happen, to have a blog and a digital camera, isn't it? Sometimes stressful events will happen, and I'm thinking, "Oh good, now I have something to write about."
Actually, this has happened many times in our house. You pour some dish soap on it. The grease fighting action lets you pick up the eggs. And it really helps pick it up without the eggs running all over.
And the fact I can say that like an expect makes it look like I never watch my kids. Or that they are so close in age that they are experts in "Hey, you go that way, I'm going to go this way, and we'll meet in the middle with the kerosene and a match and we'll burn the place down together!"
Wow, imagine what might happen if his curiousity stays this high. Your boy might change the world! In the meantime, wishing your tonnes of NRG :)
I believe that our children are related.. Alex LOVES to break eggs! Seriously though when we get together ( which i believe should be this week) ask me about when Alex dumped the entire economy bottle of dawn dish soap on the upstairs carpet..
Post a Comment