Up until a few weeks ago I was late dropping Gwen and Regan off to school most mornings. After more than a few disapproving snarks about their lateness from their teachers I realized that I needed to cut something out of my morning routine, because yeah, I needed to start getting them to school on time. Really, the only thing that I could eliminate was my shower, so it went. (Don't worry, I still shower, just not until later in the morning. Or afternoon. Whatev.)
Thus, I've become the mom who the other moms giggle at whenever they see me in the drop off lane. You know, the moms who are not dressed in their flannel pjs under their coats and who apparently have hours to curl their hair and apply a pound of make-up before taking their kidlets to school. This morning one of those moms openly smirked when she saw me waiting for the girls to get together their bags and exit my kid transporting machine. My disheveled hair and splotchy, make-up free face was apparently greatly humorous to this mom. Oh fucking well. I have become "that" mom and I am fine with that. I would rather sleep in the mornings rather than get up at 5 AM so as not to offend the "perfect" moms in the drop off lane in the mornings with my messy hair and breastmilk laden sleep shirt.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Finn Family
- More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.
1 comment:
I'm that mom too. I embrace it. It means my kids get more of me during their waking hours and my husband gets to sleep next to a freshly showered/bathed wife. :)
Post a Comment