I did Yoga this morning for the first time in a long time. Don't be fooled here, I've never been a Yoga master and I am anything but flexible. I figured that I would give it a shot though. I am horribly out of shape and......well.........here is a big, embarrassing confession..........I hit the 200 pound mark a few weeks ago. Yep. The number that I swore I would never, ever get to. 200 pounds. I've been between 170-180 for the last 8 years or so and even after my pregnancies I always managed to get down to that weight within a month after giving birth. Not that 170-180 was a healthy weight by any means, but I had become comfortable with it. Then the holidays hit and I started to eat as a stress release. Then I ate, and ate, and ate. I also sat my ass on the couch all day Flickring and foruming and emailing and shopping. With all of the sitting and eating I guess that hitting the 200 pound mark was inevitable.
Thus, here I am at a point where my clothes aren't fitting and I am completely disgusted with how I look and feel. Note that I am not disgusted with myself and I am still happy with "me", but I am not physically healthy and that makes me sad. Since putting on this last 20 pounds I have been having nasty acid reflux and my knees hurt like a mo-fo. And my left hip keeps twisting wrong and damn if that doesn't hurt. I have got to loose 40-50 pounds, I just have to. I love to hike and my passion is nature photography. I cannot do those things if I don't have the strength and energy to strap on my hiking shoes and do the grueling walks through the woods that I have been dreaming about all winter.
I don't know what Yoga will do for me in trying to loose weight, if anything. I really know nothing about it. However, after the very abbreviated session that I put myself through this morning I feel good. My back and neck cracked like it does when I go to the chiropractor, which has released some pent up tension that was in those areas, and that feels awesome. Hopefully the Yoga will get me feeling well enough that once the snow melts in a month or so I can get out and start walking everyday. Maybe even running. Who knows!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Finn Family
- More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment