Friday, December 14, 2007

Dream Journal 1

Myself, Scott, and the kids were living at my parent's house, except it wasn't my parent's house, it was a very small, old home that had not been updated in any way. Someone (my brother Tony maybe?) was getting married, so we had relatives coming into town. My parents had decided to let about 25 of our relatives stay at their house during the wedding weekend.

People started showing up on the wedding day and most of these people I had not seen in years. They showed up early in the morning and I had not showered and was still wearing my pajamas. My aunts were coming in and taking over bedrooms without asking, including kicking my family and I out of my room. One aunt told me that Scott and the kids could sleep on the floor, and I could sleep with Coen and three of my cousins in one of the beds. I was livid.

Then it was time to start getting dressed for the wedding. Everyone was dressed so nicely and I even had cute outfits for the kids, but I had nothing to wear. All I had in my closet were horizontal striped sweaters and there was no way I was going to wear one of those and make myself look even fatter than I am. Plus, it was July, so not exactly sweater wearing weather.

My mom was hounding me wondering when I was going to get dressed. Then she got Scott to come bug me about it. I yelled at him, angry that I had nothing to wear and that I was going to be stuck nursing Coen all night in a bed with three of my cousins. I was so upset that I decided to go for a walk.

I walked to a sort of remote area on my parent's land. I sat down in a boat on the shore of a small swamp. (not sure why there was a boat by a swamp.) I looked up and knew that something exciting was about to happen. A small, unidenfiable animal wearing a red knitted hat jumped in the boat with me and started trying to get me to pet it, but I pushed it away, so it just sat in the boat with me.

Then I looked up to the sky and saw, a sundog developing, the first I had ever seen. I realized that I had my camera with me in the boat, so I grabbed it and started trying to take pictures. Except that my camera wouldn't focus properly and at times I couldn't get the shutter to release. In the meantime the sundog was getting cooler and cooler looking, so I kept trying to work with the camera.

The sundog disappeared with a loud snap and I ran inside to upload the photos to my computer to see if I got anything. Once the photos were uploaded I saw that rather than being photos of the sundog I had gotten a bunch of pictures of people and buildings that were present where I was when I took the photos. I realized that something in the atmosphere had prevented me from taking photos of the sundog, because it did not want to be photographed.

My mom once again found me and asked if I was going to get dressed. I told her again that I had nothing to wear, so she started going through a box and pulling out credit cards. Finally she gave me one and told me to go buy an outfit despite the fact that the wedding was starting in less then an hour.

The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like your sun dog was really like northern lights (which I have yet to capture).

About Me

My photo
More than anything this blog is for us; for our own little family. As the days and months and years pass by we find ourselves forgetting many of the wonderful times that our family has shared. This blog is our way of documenting and helping us to remember.